The Parable of the Iron

I was ironing one Sunday trying to get my five kids ready for church and my iron refused to produce any steam. I was getting increasingly frustrated as I tried to get out some stubborn wrinkles without the help of the steam. Suddenly I realized my iron wasn't broken, I had just forgotten to put in the water! After filling the iron with water I continued ironing with much better success. As I did this I thought about how sometimes I feel like I'm running out of steam. Many times I have felt like maybe I was broken when really I had just forgotten to fill up on the living water of the gospel. Filing up on the gospel can reenergize our spirits and help smooth out the stubborn wrinkles in life. This blog is dedicated to providing a little daily water to those who are running out of steam!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reflecting the Light of Christ

Inside the temple there are beautiful chandeliers in many of the rooms.  During the construction of the Billings Montana temple my sister had the opportunity to help with putting one of these chandeliers together.  She said that there were hundreds of crystals and each one had to be placed on individual hooks. One day I was sitting in the Celestial room of the temple and I looked up and saw a beautiful chandelier. I saw how each crystal reflected light from a central source into a specific place in the room.  Together all the crystals reflected light throughout the entire room.  I thought about how Heavenly Father has placed each of us individually into a specific place in our lives where we can reflect the light of Christ to those around us.  Christ is our central source of light and together we can reflect His light throughout the world.